life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Too Old for School



Finally finishing my last semester of college.  I groused at my son when he was in college on the 6-year plan, never considering that one day I might be in the same position, but this time it is more like the 30-year plan.  Having a college degree has always been a lifelong dream of mine, but life, work, marriage, and child rearing consumed me, there was just never any time.

The children are grown, life took a dramatic change and I have had the marvelous opportunity to actively pursue that dream, but every flipping semester about mid-term I find myself sitting in front of piles of books, exams and term papers asking myself, “What the hell are you doing?  You are too old to be in school!”


         "Wonderful World"  Sam Cooke

No comments:

Post a Comment