life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Big Ass Canvas.....still scares me

Big ass canvas coming..... 60" by 40" .....and it is fighting me the whole way. Struggling with proportion like a crazy woman. Although yesterday I took it off the easel turned it lengthwise standing on the floor and all of the sudden several issues resolved themselves. If you are familiar with Betty Edwards' Drawing from the Right Side of the Brain you will understand exactly why that made such a difference! Why didn't I think of this earlier!!!

For the first time in more time than I can remember, I am painting, NOT on a deadline and it is wonderful. Each creative discovery is an act of faith, every artistic resolution is a celebration!

Although there is a major amount of fear that lurks every time I pick up the brush, pushing through it continues to be empowering. She and I have a long, long, long way to go!

                                                                                                                                                                                      "Woman" John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment