life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Marvelous Rhythm!


Life has a rhythm, and sometimes I need to pay more attention!  I let a dear artist friend slip out of my life several years ago.  Our paths seem to separate when his entire collection of art, more than 10 years of work was purchased by a major museum and his career took off on a course most artists can only dream about.  While I was still dragging my art and a tent all over the southeast, selling one piece at a time, he and his work were sky rocketing.   We lost touch and all of those wonderful conversations and shared experiences about art, creating and (augh….) art marketing slipped away. 
I did not realize how much I missed those brilliant exchanges. 

Then today, like no time had passed, our lives, art and awesome conversations began again, just like we had talked to each other last week.   We are both back in the studio, approaching the art from a new perspective, and learning how to say “no” to other people’s expectations of what art should or should not be. 

Marvelous rhythm!

No comments:

Post a Comment