life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

find some way to break the rules...


“Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady.  I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there.  And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women.”    –Nora Ephron
I let fear and disgusting amount of “proper-ness” slip into my life.  It has taken the death of a phenomenal female writer/director to remind me that neither my life nor my work will be better served by following other people’s ideas.   This revelation is just in time, as I am getting ready to do some serious editing to my next exhibition.  

Mediocrity serves others, but never serves me or my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment