life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, September 19, 2019

SHMILY

My silver bracelets have been constantly on my arm since I was in high school. Thinking back it all began with wearing a  Viet Nam POW (Prisoner of War) bracelet, but my POW never made it home.  Although I quit wearing that bracelet, when my first job at Disney would not allow them I began adding other silver bracelets that were “Disney approved” My first brush with, if you want this job, you will do it our way...I felt like such a sell out, but I also had to pay the rent.….Over the years more were added, always gifts from the people I love, most are still here, some are not. They are a constant reminder of how much I have been loved in my life.  The one that looks like a silver smile, Skip made for me. He would call me “Shmily” (pronounced smile with an sh beginning) when no one was around, it stood for  See-How-Much-I- Love-You.  So many little stories and memories and gifts of love….I do not want any of them to be forgotten.
"There are Places I Remember"  The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment