life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, September 14, 2019

if one more person tells me...


Spinach Artichoke Ravioli Bake
The last of your leftovers….I struggled with your goofy food preferences all of our lives…you would eat little meat except for fast food hamburgers (which only proved my suspicions about was that really meat in those burgers), ham sandwiches, an occasional steak, and NO leftovers. Leftovers was not a problem when the boys were home, but when it was just the 2 of us, recipes for just 2 people were difficult to find. I would make the full recipe serve half then freeze the rest, bringing it back to life weeks (or months) later.  For some reason, “leftovers” in your mind seemed to be a “time thing” if you saw the same food within a week it was officially a leftover…and a no go!  More than a couple of weeks and you were good with it.  I always thought I was tricking you, but you had to have known. 

Last night for dinner I had the last of your sneaky leftovers. It was somewhere between a funny memory and celebration of you but it quickly degraded into tears and mourning your loss all over again, just from a different perspective.  I keep asking myself will this pain ever stop, is this weird?  

And if one more person tells me that we all grieve differently and for individual amounts of time, I think I might hurt them….I just need to know what will normal look like and will I ever get through another day without the pain and the crying again?
"We May Never Pass this Way Again"  Seals & Croft

No comments:

Post a Comment