life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Friday the 13th....DONE & DONE


Is this the New normal….old people hampers, wheeled trash cans, security cameras, Friday the 13th, attorneys, full moons and all without the love of my life?  The only thing I want desperately to change is the one thing I cannot.  Most of this other crap is just stuff that I have got to do and I truly hate it all…except for the full moon…Full moons have always been a source of strength for me, and perhaps that is how I ended up in the attorney's office signing wills, establishing life Deeds, and other dead and dying business, etc.…etc. of Friday the 13th.  There was an unexpected ending…. At the end of the day a young man and dear friend of Skips stopped by.  This was an unlikely alliance that developed into one of the most unique friendships that I have ever seen. It was more than just friends/workmates and more like grandfather/mentor and young strong intelligent man…a perfect compliment, sincere respect for one another and they truly just liked and enjoyed each other.  But more than that he was the young man that literally held Skip in his arms as he died. Although I was “told” what happened, never by the one that was actually there and the story was quite different and so very touching.  It was a bit of a shock to hear things I had not heard before but in the end…much better to know that Skip did not die alone. I truly believe now he waited for Kevin to get there, and he was in the arms of someone that cared deeply about him and that had the strength and intelligence to do what needed to be done. Thank you again, Kevin!
"I Try"  Ben Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment