life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, November 16, 2017

The "business of dying" is NOT for sissies!

My last meeting with my dearly loved hospice social worker was this week…She is being transferred to another district….even in hospice/palliative care…business often comes before patients….not often, but it does rear its ugly head from time to time.  Patrice’s last visit came with a “checklist of business stuff” I have not done yet….ughhhh….Did you know in the state of Florida, I need to make a statement of where I want to die, home vs medical facility (or hospice facility)…well, I need to do that and fill out and file a quit claim deed to the house, and of course arrangements for my removal.  All of this in addition to keeping up with bills and medical insurance!  And although my ACHA “Florida Blue” policy is still available this year…they have discontinued Hospice as part of their covered service! I do not have any time left for being sick and I still have a bunch of stuff that I WANT TO DO!  The "business of dying" is NOT for sissies.  One more for the "who knew" column....there really does need to be a class on this somewhere!
"You Had Time" Ani DiFranco

1 comment:

  1. Dear Heart I walked with a friend's mother and yes it is an unbelievable journey but here you are and here am I and let's begin again!

    Hi I'm Buffy. I found the Artist's Way in 1996 and somehow our paths crossed. I have an Artist's Circle are you in one of them? I used to have an Artist's Way Circle on Beliefnet.

    Why talk circles?

    I want a circle of artists around you to help with your walk. Share with them tidbits of wisdom of the artist's path and we can receive your everlasting wisdom and pray your way home with art and song. Or whatever you want. My friend's mother White Hummingbird used Caring Bridge to share her story.

    What is your swan's song?

    ====> Would like to receive a name from above on your way home?♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

    Blessed Be!
    Wenona Gardner
    Native American from Mohican Tribe

    ReplyDelete