life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

practice...practice...practice...

It is not about the “fuck no” it is about the “practice”, but the “fuck no” got your attention, didn’t it? 


I thought several months ago all I had to do was declare it is now time for me, to fulfill what I need to do creatively.  I needed to spend some time with who and what I am by practicing my art.  I thought all I had to do is holler “fuck no” it is now time for me and it would happen.  But here is the ugly truth…Not only have I had to make time for me but I have to go into the studio, kitchen, porch (where ever I am… creating) and do it.  Just because I made time…does not make the desire “to do” return.  I have used “no time”, “not well” and “too busy” as an excuse not to do.

The muse is not magically returning because I have walked away from of any of these or the tons of other reasons I concocted…it only arrives when I go in the studio and work!  Making the time is just one of the parts of my creative life I knew this already…I have to take back my life by actually going into the studio and practice, practice, practice my art!

"Got to Get You into My Life"  The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment