life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Picking up my big girl panties and moving on!

One of my images was chosen for a calendar…the right is the image I sent…the left is what was printed in the calendar. I was prepared for some variations in the color, I mean I was pretty sure that a calendar printer may not have a well-trained person at color separations like you would find in a fine art publisher…but…I was not prepared for this!  I was so frustrated, embarrassed and yes angry!  But not angry with the promoter or the printer…I was angry with me!  I was angry and broken hearted that I had signed over my copyrights for someone else to use my image without maintaining some control over the finished product.

There was a great full moon as I drove home last night …when I realized this was a very inexpensive (did not cost me any money) lesson from the Universe to never let control of my images go to someone else (unless they pay me and pay me a lot, a whole lot, my embarrassment is worth something!!) Lesson learned!!! Picking up my big girl panties and moving on!
"Shaking the Tree"  Peter Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment