life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Conformity...

Isn’t conformity what we were
taught to strive for if we wanted to fit in…be happy, successful?  Aren’t we taught even now,  not to think for ourselves in schools and our jobs?  We even elected a president that publically declared that he loved the poorly educated!  I suspect most of our politicians would prefer the uninformed and the poorly educated.  When we don’t understand, we don’t ask questions, which leave them free to serve themselves instead of me/us.

 I truly hate what is happening in our current government, but I am thrilled to see the level of public involvement and civil disobedience erupting.  But I still see so many just agree, keep the peace,  or not speak out for the purpose of being liked or to conform with friends and family!  It is one thing to speak your truth, fight for what you believe and still loose…it happens to all of us from time to time.  But to be silent risks that I will not like myself when it is all done.  I am honorable, I pay attention and I speak up…I still believe what Lincoln said….. "Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."  I may not discuss it publicly or blast it on FB but I continue to have discussions with those I share common views with.  I continue to write my senators and congressmen and women.   I believe we the people can truly make a difference and advance good government.  
"Hand in My Pocket"  Alanis Morissette

No comments:

Post a Comment