life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Well Damn…and I pretend so well!



Well Damn…and I pretend so well!

In fact, if I had to choose some of my better qualities, pretending would be way up there on the top ten charts.  

My reality gets really hard sometimes.  I can see absolutely nothing wrong with stepping out every now and again into a wonderful and perhaps fairy tale world of my own making.  I suspect the real secret is knowing when to step back into my real life.  In the midst of really crappy stuff, the only way to survive often comes with the ability to ignore the shit for a while!

Old Socrates was right, pretending will not alter the reality, but it makes it bearable from time to time.


"What a Fool Believes" Doobie Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment