life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Dragon Slayer: Wanted.

I no sooner posted this before I was looking around myself like there might be someone else in the room I could blame for what I had done! 

Yes, I am ready, yes I want to, yes I am excited, but for the first time in my life, it is not that I am just fighting the emotional battle of feeling like I am qualified to do this. It is so much more than my typical risk of facilitating something that is emotionally charged as creativity vs. the joy of being in the company of such marvelous unbridled creativity.  There is a brand new dragon is this battle.  His name is “Will this body let me do it?” I have to face this dragon head on!
You can be amazing, 
You can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug
You can be the outcast, 
Or be the backlash of somebody's lack of love
Or you can start speaking up, 
Nothing's gonna hurt you the way that words do
And they settle 'neath your skin,
 Kept on the inside and no sunlight
Sometimes a shadow wins But I wonder what would happen if you
Say what you wanna say, And let the words fall out…Honestly I wanna see you be brave.
"Brave" Sara Bareilles

No comments:

Post a Comment