life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Still a mystery......

There are many geological and astronomical things that happen in this world.  In the past, earthquake, volcano, tidal wave, eclipse and other events were seen as sacred.
Catastrophic geological events would be explained as angry gods.  Likewise benign but observable celestial events were typically justified as “signs” from the Gods that would be interpreted to support or oppose a situation that was typically political in nature.


Today, most religious explanations have been abandoned as science continues to prove the physical cause and effects of geological and astrological events.  However there are some that deny science regardless of the evidence.  Every now and again  I am confronted with a mystery that defies spiritual and scientific explanation.

Why are most typical women’s cycles and the moons cycle both 28 days? I hold on to that mystery and continue to stand in awe of the moon and my relationship to it, without certainty of science or spirituality.  The power of the moon's gravitational pull is measurable in the ocean tides and the effects on human behavior are statistically evident in births and crimes. The moon reminds me of my own mysteries. The moon and I remain a mystery, not because of the scientific or sacred reasons for it.....but the effects we have.
"Fly Me to the Moon"  Frank Sinatra

mys-ter-y
ˈmist(ə)rē/
noun
  1. 1.
    something that is difficult or impossible to understand or explain.
    "the mysteries of outer space"
    synonyms:puzzleenigmaconundrumriddlesecretproblem, unsolved problem
    "his death remains a mystery"

No comments:

Post a Comment