life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Pushed Outside of my Comfort Zone!

Nude Nite pushes me….Pushes me outside my comfort zone.  Pushes against all of those things that have been mashed into me since I can remember about what is good and what is bad.  Nudity has been one of those taboo issues that artist consistently tackle and audiences want to look away from….well they look away from it…when others are watching them.  Popes had “fig leaves” added to sculptures in the Vatican and hired another artist to paint over some of Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel nudes.  Hundreds of years later,  as liberated as we claim to be, the mentality of a good girl still circles around the quiet, covered and pious.  That has nothing to do with the goodness in my heart!  I love being pushed outside of my comfort zone! (and it fits ALL of my core desire feelings, PASSIONATE, CONNECTED, EXCITED, FEARLESS)
"Express Yourself"  Charles Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment