life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Standing Proudly!

First thing Monday morning I wake up to a FB post, actually 2 of them about artists, and what exactly a messy studio and/or desk says about their creativity. How RUDE…..it is Monday for God’s sake, give a girl a break!!!

As it turns out it was not all bad! I was expecting a finger wagging lecture about the attributes of having a clean organized studio, and that would free your mind and unleash your creativity. However, I got amazing, put my studio to shame, examples of Picasso, Calder and Einstein, who by the look of things were total slobs. Oh how my heart sang!

The mess in my studio is embarrassing; no matter how hard I try. In my own defense, I have accomplished short periods of organization, but they never last. It is a raging unruly mess! It is so bad that when someone knocks on the door, I run to close the studio door BEFORE opening the front door.

I think it is time to quit beating myself up about my evil, disorganized, slovenly studio and start  grinning from ear to ear….standing proudly in the company of Picasso, Calder and Einstein!
    
                                                                   "Evil Ways"  Santana

2 comments:

  1. Cheryl, I have 3 different studio "areas", each worse than the next! Doesn't even count the shed where I store more stuff. Comforting to know I am not alone. I don't create well unless I am in the middle of chaos.

    ReplyDelete