life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Much easier said than done!

We are taught and I suspect it is our second nature to avoid fear and all of the feelings that are associated with it.

We are taught to follow the rules, do not make waves, do not stand out, fit in and fear of not being "normal" seems to be the greatest tool to insure that we all are kept in line.

So the conundrum for me is that in almost every case, it is the people, the artists, the writers, the musicians, the politicians, the teachers, etc., etc. that move past their fear that break the molds of normal that we as a society most admire.  Their ability to break the chains of rules and rise above is the common link that unites each of them...they did not let fear decide their fate.

 
"Funny the Way it is"    Dave Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment