life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Little Things

On the days that everything seems to go wrong, I forget about all of the wonderful little things that go right! Like….water heaters! What a marvelous thing, turn on just about any faucet in the house and within a few moments, amazing hot water! And that little thing, that I barely noticed and certainly did not appreciate, QUIT…..AUGH!!!!

I probably should mention that our water heater was over 35 years old, which I have been told is incredibly unusual. Perhaps I should have seen this coming. Who knew???  At any rate, part of this event was not only to simply replace the water heater but to upgrade to the newest tankless water heater.

An event of epic proportions, not only does it require water be shut off, but also upgrades to the electrical panel and that means no power either!

In the hands of licensed professionals this may not have been a big deal, but in the hands of my husband and son it becomes an entirely different event. After a weekend of flushless toilets, no showers, intermittent power, 5 trips to the hardware store, and a large amount of grousing punctuated by some really colorful language we now how an endless supply of hot water.

I am so so very grateful to Skip and Darren and this amazing hot water. It really is the little everyday things I forget to be grateful for! Thanks guys!


"Belly Belly Nice" Dave Matthews Band

Oh, the light that shines upon the gift that everyone has for the taking
And happiness so pure as this is surely worth the making

No comments:

Post a Comment