life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Picture is a Secret About a Secret

"Double Crossed"
"A picture is a secret about a secret,
the more it tells you the less you know."
                                                                   Diane Arbus
 And I thought I was the only one… Quite some time ago, around the time that I read the Da Vinci Code, my curiosity was peaked. Could an artist actually “hide” information or symbols in their art that could and would speak to specific viewers to “see” more or “read” alternative meanings in the art?  The Da Vinci Code’s main character, symbologist Robert Langdon, interpreted “ \/” as a the female, a chalice and “/\” as the male, the blade in the famous Da Vinci fresco of the “Last Supper”. I was mesmerized by this concept, and immediately began playing with those simple symbols. “Double Crossed” was the incredible result of that first experiment. Since then, I have tried this concept several more times, each time I am more and more surprised at the amount of secrets that a single picture can hold.
                                                                                           My art holds all of my secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment