life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, November 21, 2019

..."without someone trying to fix it"


Sometimes I feel like my whining just drags out on the blog.   As I read back through the last few months of posts the whimpering and moaning is overwhelming and I find myself hoping no one is reading any of this.  But then writing has always been one of my ways of healing, maybe I am just telling my story and trying to breathe life back into me.  Still looking for how I live in this new normal.

“To those who grieve, she suggests finding a nondestructive way to express it. “If you can’t tell your story to another human, find another way: journal, paint, make your grief into a graphic novel with a very dark story line. Or go out to the woods and tell the trees. It is an immense relief to be able to tell your story without someone trying to fix it.”  Jane E. Brody, New York Times

"Breath of Your Life"  Hall & Oates

No comments:

Post a Comment