life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, November 18, 2019

"Gratitude and grief don’t cancel each other out."



Gratitude, gratefulness, appreciation, thankfulness…that’s what they tell you will give you a whole new perspective on our problems.  And to be honest with you, for the most part, I think they are right.  So, you can imagine how horrible it was when none of it had any effect on the amount of pain and grief I felt when Skip died and all of that appreciating, I squeezed out between the tears never made me feel the least bit better. Gratitude and grief don’t cancel each other out.  They exist side by side and I am still figuring out how that happens!


"Catch the Wind"  Donavan

No comments:

Post a Comment