life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Muddy Waters


Sometimes I find social interaction exhausting. The effort to join the world again is Herculean and monumental. Those densely scattered grief land mines are hard to face and they jump out at me from everywhere. I watch myself shrink my world down by, refusing invitations to just about anything and everything.  By controlling the size of my world, I keep myself safe. More than 40 years of my life are right here in this little house.  The love, the fights, the children all of those memories are right here. As outgoing as I have always been, I find that I need a lot more time alone and quiet than ever before waiting for the muddy water to clear.

"Alone Again"  Gilbert O'Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment