life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, May 18, 2019

polite silence is NOT capitulation




I try so hard to be respectful with my words and deeds (although I have been known to throw rolled socks at the president on TV).  I vote, I look into issues, I form my own opinions without great public fanfare and I do not look for intelligent political discourse on Facebook anymore.  It scares me!  But there are times that my silence feels like I agree with or worse no longer care about politics.  I wonder if people think the current illegal policies and proposed legislation no longer upset my sense of dignity and justice. The atrocities continue.  Day after day separating children from their parents, not holding the President responsible for his actions, legislating women’s bodies, ignoring automatic assault weapons legislation, denying environmental issues and the list goes on and on while our democracy and people suffer.  I wonder if some think my polite silence is some kind of capitulation?


"For What it is Worth" Buffalo Springfield

No comments:

Post a Comment