life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, May 9, 2019

A New Realization!


A few trump trolls slipped through my “back door” on to my FaceBook page! I have systematically eliminated all bombastic hateful negative political speak on my page. However, I will confess to posting political satire cartoons and publicly and positively supporting candidates and policies that I admire.   

I am surprised at how personally harmful it is to be exposed every day to such negative irresponsible posts and was ashamed of myself for being drawn into their conversations, defending another (my) point of view, which they rarely, if ever, acknowledged as a valid opinion.   I am a firm believer in and I love participating in active political discourse, but those discussions must first be rooted in a healthy respect for the truth and facts.   They are damaging (I suspect they already know that) and I have to protect myself from their evangelical hate and negativity.  

At the risk of making an ugly generalization, it always feels like mob mentality and it is always the same group of insecure uninformed egotistical old white men. Everyone has a right to express themselves, but when that expression does not intellectually recognize opposing views has no purpose other than demean and belittle anyone that does not believe the same, I have to remove them from my daily exposure.

Here is a new realization…an “unfriended” person’s post will continue to show up on your personal page if and when the post is a response to another one of your “active” friend’s posts….and that is how those ugly comments slip through the “back door” …more “unfriending” to do!

"Ants Marching"  Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment