life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Not just funny… but necessary!


In the midst of my latest “feel sorry for myself” blog episodes, I came across this post.  After several minutes of rolling on the floor laughing, I recognized just how much I needed to laugh then decided that I am definitely stealing this one!

Through the course of recent real estate history, my little house is now perched approximately 2 miles from a Baptist Church and a Jehovah Witness Kingdom Hall.  What they both have in common is a very active and aggressive door to door proselytizing program!  Clearly, they do not want to stray far from home and I get regular, and I mean almost weekly assaults from these strolling Bible toters, although lately, some arrive in carloads.  I have tried all of the things I thought would frighten them away…some work…some do not.  Not answering the door, if you see them coming is the best one, but every now and again they manage a covert approach and I am caught off guard.  And here is an agonizing lesson I learned the hard way…if you are caught off guard…here is the #1 thing NOT to do!  Do NOT under any circumstances announce yourself as an atheist, agnostic or member of a weird cult.  That is almost like throwing raw meat into a starving lion’s cage!  You immediately become their god project and the pursuit to “turn” you becomes overwhelmingly obnoxious. They will return over and over again, even send in backups to accomplish the mission of saving your soul for Jesus.  Mix this in with the typical (although not that many, compared to the God Squads) door to door solicitors and it makes a sign like this seem not just funny… but necessary!

PS.. In season...I will add  political door knockers to this list
"NO"  Meghan Trainer

No comments:

Post a Comment