life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, May 13, 2019

Not Rattling My Chains Anymore!


Maybe it is age or maybe it is where I am in life or maybe I am finally just getting smarter (well, maybe not) I have learned that 90% of the anger, aggravation and hurt was of my own doing.  For all of the grousing I have done about other people’s expectation of me…I have realized that I had my own unreasonable expectations of other people.  Even when their actions or words really had nothing to do with me, I would feel the need to insert and defend my beliefs and opinions concerning the situation.  Maybe it made me feel like I was smarter…or if everyone did things “my way” my life would be so much easier…NOT!  I am slugging through life like everyone else and making enough mistakes for me and 3 other people.  I am finally at a place where other people and situations just do not rattle my chains anymore.  It is not that I do not care I just choose to not engage…saving my love, my life, my energy on happy and positive.  I know it sounds kind of hokey…but it is working!
"Times Like These" Jack Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment