life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

I have a confession...



What is seen as successful, fulfilled and happy is as simple as this.

if you expect nothing from anybody, you are never disappointed

Expect nothing…keeps my heart protected and lessens pain.

Expecting nothing... keeps me insulated, safe, strong, but extremely lonely.

I am incapable of trusting and unable let anyone fully into my heart and/or life.

I cannot afford the emotional cost.

Whew...it is not just me!
from 15 Things You Should Give Up To Be Happy
14.  Give up attachment.  This is a concept that, for most of us is so hard to grasp and I have to tell you that it was for me too, (it still is) but it’s not something impossible. You get better and better at with time and practice. The moment you detach yourself from all things, (and that doesn’t mean you give up your love for them – because love and attachment have nothing to do with one another,  attachment comes from a place of fear, while love… well, real love is pure, kind, and self less, where there is love there can’t be fear, and because of that, attachment and love cannot coexist) you become so peaceful, so tolerant, so kind, and so serene. You will get to a place where you will be able to understand all things without even trying. A state beyond words

No comments:

Post a Comment