life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Condescending Compassion

If you have been on the receiving end of condescending compassion, you know it does not feel right. I know I am supposed to be grateful, but in my heart I know what is being felt is pity. This compassion is being generated from a source of fear. Regardless of how the compassion is intended I feel like I am being seen as wounded, flawed in some way, pathetic and in need of being cared for. It takes my power away, makes me weaker and floods my body and heart with negativity.
I am all right in my pain it makes me stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment