life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, May 4, 2020

Back to Life...


I recall vividly and still see it on my bad days, the look and the unsaid words by those that want to grab me by the short hairs and scream, “You aren’t over this yet?”  Under my breath…I answer No…you asshole I will never be over this….but some days are better than others. Skip’s death blew a giant crater in me, my life, and my family.  At first, I immediately went to work filling the whole, only to find out it was a bottomless pit.  The more love, emotion, and care that I put in it exactly… that much would leach out.  I was taught that this hole can never be filled in or covered up or ignored.  It is love, pure love, and that never goes away.  I am learning to honor and respect my damage and scars but to also begin building a life on the edge of the crater.  I cannot go backward, I cannot do it the way I used to, I am not who I used to be…and that is ok.
"Back to Life"  EnVogue

No comments:

Post a Comment