life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

A New Definition of Self...


Some 5ths are harder than others.  Just about the time, I am ready to proclaim to the world…it is better….I can do this…my heart and my body scream…not yet bitch!  Grief is not done with you yet!  Maybe is it a Monday and a 5th back to back, or one of a thousand other possible “triggers” who knows what or why maybe it was the trauma and shock of that morning, maybe this is what PTSD feels like, I just do not know, but I do know is that it forces me to make alterations and redefine who and what I am, and apparently as much as I have gotten myself together there is still so much more I do not know or understand!


"Me" Paula Cole

"The reality of grief is far different from what others see from the outside. There is pain in this world that you can't be cheered out of.
You don't need solutions. You don't need to move on from your grief. You need someone to see your grief, to acknowledge it. You need someone to hold you hands while you stand there in blinking horror, staring at the hole that was your life.
Some things cannot be fixed. They can only be carried.
There is so much work to do to change this grief-averse culture. We need a whole bunch of tools to help grieving people feel supported, and let friends & family know how to give their support. " ~Megan Devine

No comments:

Post a Comment