life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Waiting for the next first

The well-known quote “Long ago and far away” applies here.  I cannot even remember the year!  But it was our first vacation together.  First time I had flown in an airplane, and obviously the first time I had been out of the country, well not really but the St. Thomas kind of counts as out of the country.  My parents were living on a sailboat there at Red Hook Marina (the other side of the island from Charlotte Amalia) and we had a free place to stay and sail!  Every really important “first” I have ever had in my life you were right by my side. that is how I know that you are right here now, waiting for me, for my next first.

"Into the Mystic"  Van Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment