life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, October 14, 2019

And so I write…

And so I write…Although no one talks back there is some degree of healing that happens when I allow my feelings to flow through me.  I let them move out of my heart, through my thoughts, into words and out into the world.  Somehow it feels like getting the painful feelings out of my physical being stops the wounds from festering.  I understand that I need to experience all of the pain. In the same way, there are times that I feel the need to share some of the joy, too. I recognize that getting stuck in either emotion does not change anything.  It does not mean that there are not times of uncontrollable overwhelming grief or even brief smiles of happy memories but there is some kind of healing magic that happens when I write and allow the feelings to move through me.  They go from being an intangible thought to tangible words…it is very much the same process as creating art.   And I need this, now more than ever!

"Closer to Fine"  Indigo Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment