life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Now there are choices...


I love when I have company…I love when I am alone. Both seem to be equally important.  Figuring out when and where is new for me.  At first, being alone all of the time, without Skip was horrible, but seemed to be so very necessary... it still is most of the time, but I find myself reaching out little by little.  I have driven my (new to me) little red car twice to pick up groceries, have breakfast bagels with the family and buy a plant at Lowes.  There was a time that would have described the typical first couple of hours of any given day not a 3-month goal.  There did not seem to be a choice about where my life was going, it was just happening and I was along for the ride, performing all of the proper functions.  Now there is time, life experience and loss that give me some new tools to figure out some things about me and my life. Perhaps for the first time I will make deliberate choices about me without guilt.

"Details in the Fabric"  Jason Mraz

No comments:

Post a Comment