life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Skip's Light


Thank you, Maureen and Casselberry, for giving me the courage and opportunity to express Skip’s spirit in the best way I know how.  He always lit my way by supporting my art and creativity, regardless of how good (or bad) it was. He always quietly and elegantly elevated me to be the best I could be.

However, I was rudely reminded how broken this body of mine is, but in all honesty, even if I had known ahead of time how hard this would be on me, I would have still done it.  I felt like I was able to reclaim just a small part of me and those opportunities do not come around often.  I am glad I did not miss this one.


"I am Light" India Arie

"Pain, like love, needs expression. The human mind naturally goes to creative expression: it's the way we're built. We are storytelling creatures. We look to art, and to story, to help us make sense of the world, especially when what's happened makes no sense." Megan Devine

No comments:

Post a Comment