life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, February 24, 2019

That is what the storms are about!

The storms….AUGHHHH!  The storms used to be occasional and unexpected, now they are almost predictable!  The biggest issue I have to face on a fairly regular basis is “Am I willing to physically pay for my choices?”  Sometimes the answer is unequivocal…YES!  And so…. I cannot complain about how my body is revolting to last week’s amazing Nude Nite.  Used to be I would have a 50/50 shot of coming through unscathed, now not so much! On the backside of a BP "lockdown" spike which does seem to be sliding back down into “my” normal range but still nursing a nasty cold that came on precisely at the 7 to 10 day viral incubation period that apparently is the result of the steroids compromising my immune system. So, some shake their heads and ask why would I risk it?  Because it is who and what I am, and Nude Nite is an amazing annual celebration of the human body and I might not get another chance to be a part of it.  Some things are worth the storms, they make me stronger by reminding me of who and what I am.  That is what the storms are about!   
  "Beauty in the World" Macy Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment