life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

a short leash....

Sometimes it can be just this simple.  As for me, I was always waiting for the time to be right,  until I had enough money...until the kids were older...until I was thin/pretty enough... until I was SURE I could not fail.  This was long before I learned there is no such thing as NOT failing. I made an almost full-time job out of concocting ways to not be perfect enough to be anything other than plain, unexceptional, and commonplace.  It was what I was taught to strive for, a life filled with no chance of failure.

All I have to do now is be brave enough which is pretty easy when you have nothing left to lose. So if failure and imperfection bother or offend you, you might want to step back, I have some time to make up for and I am on a short leash!
"In My Mind"  Amanda Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment