life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, August 31, 2018

where is the line?

This is the place I allow me to let it all hang out.  Typically I reveal my emotional state, lessons I have learned or just my peculiar left-field observations in a raw stream of thought writing…rambling…no rules, no subject out of bounds and no emotions off limits.  But this week I have come across something that caught me off guard, although it shouldn’t have. That has been the double-edged surprise! It caught me off guard! How the hell did that happen?  Is this the real beginning of emotional vs rational intellectual.  I have been unable to share this week’s event, quite frankly because I have not processed it yet...Damn...I hate that word “process”!  It is the perfect socially overused excuse I find myself using to avoid exposing my own vulnerability.  The past few years have been one hell of a journey and for the most part, I can emotionally flip my crappy experiences around with some sound intellect and a little humor into life-affirming lessons to myself.   But this one has me stumped and I worry ….have I been oversharing?  Have I just found that line? or does it even matter….
"Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying"  Jerry and the Pace Makers

No comments:

Post a Comment