life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, August 20, 2018

Another Soapbox Moment...


Here comes another soapbox moment!  I think we (collectively) do not understand the difference between “curing” and “healing”, and there is a HUGE difference!  Our medical industry has become so proficient at “fixing” just about every human malady that we have confused those 2 words, and virtually eliminated the concept of healing!  What used to be life-threatening pneumonia…is now “cured” with 4 days of antibiotics.  Healing has been lumped in with curing and lost its amazing meaning and concept! 

8-18-18...18 Artist's Way Alumni celebrating 18 years of the Artist's Way at the
Casselberry At House, and donating the new door to creativity!
and yes...we are wearing tiaras!
In my world, I have found that curing is what happens to our physical bodies.  Medications, surgeries, treatments, diets and all other alternative therapies will either eradicate or relieve the symptoms.  But healing is what happens to your mind, soul and/or spirit!  Curing presupposes that your life and your body will return back to normal or the way it was.  The reality is sometimes that does not happen.  It is simply the way of things.  But in a world of rampant litigation that assumes that anything less than perfect is cause for legal action.  I am not saying that there are not situations that litigation may be the way to address irresponsible medical doctors and facilities, but there is a big big difference between negligence and a human condition that cannot be cured.
Healing, on the other hand, is available to every person and physical situation.  It is a process of accepting our physical problems will always exist and life goes on. How we choose to move through it IS a matter of choice! Healing is the process of understanding the cards that have been dealt and still playing.  We have all seen a poker player “bluff” his way through a terrible hand and win anyway! Healing is a choice! Doing things and participating in activities you do not think you can do and then not only getting through them but enjoying them is healing.  I have accepted that I do not need to do things as well as I used to and that can be horribly frustrating and depressing, but doing them anyway has become the most “healing thing” I could possibly do!

Healing does not come from the doctor, the hospital or a bottle of pills…it comes from the heart and soul….you just have to choose it….and I choose art and creating and being around those that celebrate creation!
"Heart of a Hero"  Cathy Heller
This is one of my most favorite 
dance while no one is looking songs, 
yep... I am dancing right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment