life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

...then it is ok.....



Maybe it is the full moon…maybe it is Burning Man week…maybe it is the new book I am reading….but I am feeling empowered!  I used to read things like this statement and think how selfish.  I was taught early to that making others happy was my most important job as a woman.  Husbands, children, the family were all to come before my needs and wants.  And eventually, after years that translated in my heart to I am not important. Then all of the sudden I realized that I am important…I am worth being important to me and if it turns out that I am the only one that feels that way…then it is ok.

"Waiting for my Real Life to Begin"
Colin Hay

No comments:

Post a Comment