life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Are you drunk?

Wish I could claim authorship on this one…but it is really funny… “Are you drunk?” Sometimes the best stuff is simple and rather understated!

…RED FLAG…here comes the bitching….I have decided that I need to devise my own little questionnaire to post on a daily basis. I really like this one just need to tweak a few questions.   This is going to sound horrible because I am so truly grateful to have so many friends and family that love and care about me, but (you knew the “BUT” was coming)  each and every day I must be asked at the top of every conversation…”How are you feeling?” or  “Did you see the nurse today, what did he say?” and  ”How is your BP, heart rate, energy, tummy, swelling, breathing etc….etc?” (pick one)   You get the picture… Rarely does a conversation begin with “What color are the PJs you wore last night?”  “Want to go to_______?” (not sure I could go but it’s nice to be asked) “What are you working on in the studio or at the sewing machine?”  Or EvEn…. ask me  “Are you drunk?”  When an illness becomes part of your life every day, every once in a while, I just want to forget about it, pretend it does not exist.  Perhaps my questionnaire’s first question should be, “Do I want to talk about it?” or perhaps  “Am I childish?” may work,  I am teased and accused of that fairly often anyway!  Every once in a while let me drift off into my own goofy fantasy… I get a belly full of reality every day and it seems to be there whether I participate or not…there are times I would rather NOT, but I do not want to hurt your feelings either…and I do appreciate that you care.  xoxoxo
   
"Bitch" Meridith Brooks (acoustic)

No comments:

Post a Comment