life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, October 26, 2017

There is no such thing as AA…(Artists Anonymous)

When you are an artist in your heart, it is an addiction.  The addiction is not what I am creating…it is the actual act of creating.  

In the act of creation…there is an “altered state of consciousness” if you have ever really gotten into your work….you know what I am talking about. I will be working on a piece and “lose time” I could not tell you if it has been 5 minutes or 5 hours!  And then there are those magic times when in that altered state, art literally falls out of me!  Things I have never done before easily develop on the canvas/paper as if they were just waiting to materialize. All they needed was my attention….talent, sketching, studies, planning are unnecessary.

I am hopelessly addicted; it is my drug of preference. There is no such thing as AA…(Artists Anonymous).
"I'm Here, I'm Not Here"  Julia Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment