life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Magnificent Magnolias

I suspect for most southerners a blooming magnolia tree in the yard is no big deal….but for me….It is huge! 

First ….this is the tree I planted in honor of my Nana  when she died, must have been well over 25 years now.  She had a wonderful big magnolia in her front yard that we climbed as kids.  Of course what I could afford at the time was a stick with 2 leaves in a small pot.  Poor thing finally made it to about 4 feet tall when the boys used it as the front yard baseball second base.  It barely survived that summer!  But I managed to NOT kill it over the years and it is huge and blooming!

Second…I have this “thing” about being the fine southern lady, an aspiration I have never been able to truly pull off.  I cannot do frilly summer dresses, perfectly coiffed hair, and pointy toed high heels and I cannot grow vegetables in the back yard… I am more of a t-shirt and flip-flop, sit on the porch with a cocktail kind of gal.  But by GOD I have a magnificent blooming magnolia in my front yard.  That must be one of the top 10 “proper southern lady” requirement must have list.



This other thing blooming in the front yard may have something to do with me not making the official proper southern lady list....
but Oh MY!


                                   "ooooooo la-la"  The Faces

No comments:

Post a Comment