life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I created something...

Practicing creativity, no matter how well or how badly
is what keeps me alive.
It is why my heart beats, why my soul grows
and it is my way of making life bearable.
I sing off key with head phones on.
I dance dreadfully in the studio with no one watching.
I write using horrendous grammar and atrocious spelling
(even MS WORD is baffled!)
For every “good” picture I draw or paint,
for every mask or figure I sculpt
there are at least 15 that are embarrassingly bad!
Good or bad, at the end of the day, I can say
I created something...I lived!
More than a daughter, woman, wife, mother, sister, or friend
I am a creative.


"You Might Die Trying"  Dave Matthews Band
If your give, then you begin to get the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment