life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Listen, Smile, Agree...

W A R N I N G....
this blog post is pithy, sarcastic an most certainly offensive! Enter with extreme caution!


There have been occasions in my life that I have felt the need to or been asked to defend my decisions and actions. What each of these conditions have in common was that the person (persons) asking, were not interested in listening to my point of view, but  looking for an opportunity to let me know I was wrong, explain why they are right, and convince me to give up my position and climb back into their socially acceptable behavior box... 

In the past, I felt like my life style, decisions and honor were worth defending vehemently. When I was younger I proudly earned my reputation as a fiery red head by passionately and stubbornly arguing my points.

Recently I find I just do not have the time and energy to actively engage in those conversations anymore.

However, I do not want you to think I have become weak, soft, mellow or given up my feisty flamboyant attitude.  I have just adopted a new philosophy regarding my decisions.  "Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the fuck you were gonna' do anyway"

No comments:

Post a Comment