life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Can't be my driving force!

A “friend” said they felt so much better than I had made the high tech changes yesterday, installing a video camera on the front door and keyless lock. She said she had been concerned about how much I was home alone and how much “safer” I must feel now….WHAT?  That had never occurred to me!    I tried to explain that these decisions were not about afraid of being alone they were all about me taking care of me.  The changes were made to get the GOOD IN, not keep the BAD OUT!

I know how easy it is for fear to take over my life and my decision making processes.  Fear is my “wolf blowing at the front door” all of the time.  I, like most of us, have been subtly trained to think this way.  We are all inundated with benign advertising but there is also the very obvious fear-based ads and politics. We seldom recognize our own fears being used against us to sell a service or product. It has just become the norm that our fear or more politely said….our safety is the only reason needed to justify any purchase.  Who could possibly argue with our need to be safe?  It is the universal green light to purchase anything for any amount of money! I do not want fear to ever be the reason I do or do not do something….especially something that will make my life more fun, more independent and more enjoyable!  

I realized that many of my past important decisions were made based on fear….not any more….not for me…All decisions, from here on out, are based on joy and how much pleasure they will bring and how much good I can let in.  Fear just cannot be a part of me anymore!  I have to remember and keep focused on “FEARLESS” as one of my “core desired feelings”.  I do not want to spend my life with fear being my driving force.  I want my driving force to be joy, laughter, and love!
"She is Not Afraid"  New Direction

No comments:

Post a Comment