life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Cinderella Scenario & Bucket List Item #32-B

As a little girl, I was consumed with the Cinderella story. With my very own real life wicked step-mother and step-sisters, I almost had the perfect Cinderella scenario. The only problem was I had the story back ass-wards with my step sisters being absolutely gorgeous, well-proportioned dark haired beauties and I, the Cinderella was the ugly, chubby, curly red headed, clumsy and slow one. I really wanted to be the beautiful Cinderella, with my own fairy godmother, glass slippers and Prince Charming but then doesn’t every little girl?

Life is not the fairy tale I dreamed of. I never got my glass slippers and then I found out there is no such thing as a fairy godmother. But, I have learned that if I want something bad enough, I can get it by doing it for myself.

To that end, I have included my version of glass slippers on my bucket list.  There are, however some serious design modifications.  Realizing that glass high-heeled shoes would be horrifically uncomfortable, I have opted for canvas flats. Here they are, not glamourous, glass, or high heeled, but flat, doodled, and glittered (sure wish the camera flash did not wipe out the glitter sparkles)!
And....I cannot wait to dance in them!

Check off Bucket List item #32-B and bring on my Prince Charming!


No comments:

Post a Comment