life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

And…Life Goes On

Dealing with these big health issues has made me recognize the value of the little everyday things.

Shortly after diagnoses, I would get absolutely indignant when the phone bill would arrive in my mail box. Didn't they get the memo that I have terminal heart failure. I have no time for this unimportant day-to-day business? Don’t they understand that I have much more important, life altering, philosophical matters to attend to?

The next day the water bill would come.

Regardless of my circumstances the relentless flow of life continues, the grass/weeds still need mowing, dishes have to be washed, the floors need mopping and Progress Energy is serious about their “cut-off” date.

It is a humbling experience.

Life does indeed go on, and most of it happens in these everyday things.

Happy Birthday my heart, we have a lot of everyday things to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment