life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Subversive and revolutionary...


Granted…my subversive activities are now limited to illegally watering my front yard and writing here. Neither are risking more than a finger-wagging scolding so maybe subversive may be a bit of a stronger word.  But in past years, I was pretty good at it. In fact, there were times that I made it my mission to do specifically what they told me I could not do.  It was pretty much a red cape-bull situation.  In full disclosure…it did not always work.  But when a good part of your life is spent on the road doing the art festival circuit and being herded like cattle and organized into 10’ by 10’ squares marked on the street, learning how to covertly “workaround” was necessary for survival.
Writing here has been exposure, I often hold back not wanting to be a whiner, or a baby, or all of the other negative things.  I was terribly ashamed of those feelings. Not understanding has always presented itself as shame in my life.

"Shame on You" Indigo Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment