life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Correct + Safe + Certain = Scared

I don’t get to know what will end when.
I don’t get to know how long things will last.

I can play the odds;
align myself with the correct probability for maximum longevity, comfort, and ease.
Or I can focus on the possibilities that excite me and enjoy the journey.

I can choose the path of safe minimal loss and change;
Or I can get clear about what I want to do now,
and passionately embrace the unknown, figuring out the way as I go.

I can choose a group consensus, support, and medical assistance but even that is not certain.
Or follow my heart! (I am full of power when I follow my passion!)

The irony about choosing the path that seems correct, safe and certain is that it only guarantees one thing:

I will go through life wondering how things could have been
if only I wasn’t so scared.

1 comment: