life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Abstract Medicine

Ab-strakt (adjective) emotionally detached or distanced from something Encarta Dictionary: English (North American)

The idea of empathy, sincerity and caring about another human being as part of medicine is abstract.

Like a painter participates in a process that includes a relationship with the paint and the canvas, I wonder why my doctors cannot participate in the process that includes a relationship with medicine and me.

I am learning to make peace with the fact that in the eyes of most of today's medical industry I (and others) are nothing more than a billable disease.

"....9 out of 10 doctors think you should get well immediately, the 10th doctor thinks you have a few bucks left". (posted by my brother in-law Alan, fellow heart patient)

No comments:

Post a Comment